The metabolic disorder which leads to joint inflammation and causes stiffness and swelling is known as gout. In the most severe cases it may cause awful pain which develops just in a few hours. This is due to the overload of uric acid.
The main reason for this is the excessive creation and inefficient elimination of waste. The acid is created during the process of disintegration of purines – chemicals that naturally occur in the human body and can be found in various kinds of foods. When the kidneys cannot eliminate the uric acid from the body it leads to crystal formations placed around the joints. However, there are some ways to eliminate the excess uric acid and to boost your overall health. The first thing you have to do is to implement some changes in your diet and lifestyle.
It is highly important to change your diet and increase the intake of vegetables and fresh fruits, seafood, lean meat, unprocessed and whole grains. Make sure you lower the intake of alcohol and processed sugars (high fructose corn syrup) and foods that are high in saturated fats.
Drink enough water since it encourages the detox processes in the body and offers hydration. Moreover, it helps the regulation and flushing the excess amounts of uric acid. Therefore, make sure you drink enough water every day, as well as fruit infused water, sugar-free natural juices and herbal teas with honey.
In order to lower the stress levels increase the physical activity. For instance, you may go jogging, hiking or enjoy some other forms of relaxation and meditation.
These natural tonics will help you in the treatment of gout:
• According to some studies, baking soda is an effective prophylaxis agent which helps the reduction of uric acid in the body. If you want to treat or prevent gout, add ½ teaspoon baking soda to a glass of water and consume it on a daily basis. In a case of gout attack, add one teaspoon of baking soda to a glass of water.
• Lemon water has many benefits, among which treating gout as well. If the pH level in your body is alkaline, then your organism will be able to prevent various health issues, including gout too. Squeeze a half lemon in eight ounces of warm water and drink it every morning on an empty stomach. It will alkalize your body and prevent the crystal formation of uric acid.
• Another ingredient which is highly helpful for this health condition is the apple cider vinegar. Likewise lemon, apple cider vinegar alkalizes the body too. It is rich in malic acid which disintegrates the uric acid effectively and it helps the elimination of uric acid from the body. Add one tablespoon of ACV to eight ounces of water and drink the mixture every day before your meals.
These foods are the most helpful in the prevention and treatment of gout:
• According to a recent study, Turmeric powder contains Curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps the renal protection.
• Pineapples contain bromelain which has mighty anti-inflammatory effects and acts like an analgesic as well.
• A study done at the Federal Fluminense University found out that flaxseed can reduce the uric acid in the human body due to its powerful properties.
If you suffer from this health condition, make sure you try some of these remedies and implement these foods in your daily diet, so that you can enjoy their health benefits.
Disclaimer: All information, data and material has been sourced from multiple authors and is for general information and educational purposes only and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor.
The views and nutritional advice expressed are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician.