The Sky Gets Dark, Slowly

Mao Dun literary prize winner Zhou Daxin’s latest novel to be published, “The Sky Gets Dark, Slowly”, is a sensitive exploration of old age and the complex, hidden emotional worlds of the elderly in a rapidly ageing population. In it he writes, “…Many elderly speak as though they know everything, but of old age they are in fact as ignorant as children. Many elderly are in fact, completely unprepared for what they are to face when it comes to getting old and the road that lays ahead of them. In…

Read More

Here’s how bingeing on alcohol can damage your health

Excessive alcohol consumption can cause a buildup of plaque in the arteries, a condition known as atherosclerosis. This leads to one or more of these arteries to become partially or completely blocked, thereby reducing the blood flow. Uncontrolled CAD can lead to a heart attack over time. In the past three decades, there has been a 300% increase in the incidence of coronary artery disease (CAD) among Indians. About two-to-six percent of those affected live in rural India and four-to-twelve percent in urban India. Among other things, lifestyle factors such as…

Read More

SHANKPRAKSHALANA – THE WAY TO NATURAL INTESTINAL CLEANING

Love your Gut! It is an age old fact that a clean intestinal tract is what keeps a person healthy and strong. However the unhealthy lifestyle and poor choice of foods seems to have taken a toll on the intestines of the people these days. No wonder then that most people tend to suffer from various metabolic issues and lifestyle diseases. Though there are a lot of medicines and treatments to rectify these, letting nature take its course is surely the best idea. This is one of the main reasons…

Read More

Why Meditation is necessary??

Read below from Medical Angle.. From the time of our birth till death the heart works continuously. Everyday the heart pumps 7000 litres of blood, of which 70% blood is pumped to the brain and the remaining 30% to the rest of body. The blood is pumped through veins/arteries which are about more than 70,000 km long.. The strength required to pump the blood upto 42 ft high and weight of 1 tonne is generated by the heart everyday through its work.. We take rest when we are tired but…

Read More

Acute Coronary Syndrome and Heart Attack

This 3D medical animation shows the coronary vessels in the heart and the different ways they may become blocked. The symptoms of acute coronary syndrome (ACS) are depicted. The animation finishes up with common treatments for acute coronary syndrome and heart attack. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afYCN3Upy_w   Source: Nucleus Medical Media  If not able to view above embeded video, click here

Read More

Angioplasty related

महत्वपूर्ण समाचारः- ये याद रखिये की भारत मैं सबसे ज्यादा मौते कोलस्ट्रोल बढ़ने के कारण हार्ट अटैक से होती हैं। आप खुद अपने ही घर मैं ऐसे बहुत से लोगो को जानते होंगे जिनका वजन व कोलस्ट्रोल बढ़ा हुआ हे। अमेरिका की कईं बड़ी बड़ी कंपनिया भारत मैं दिल के रोगियों (heart patients) को अरबों की दवाई बेच रही हैं ! लेकिन अगर आपको कोई तकलीफ हुई तो डॉक्टर कहेगा angioplasty (एन्जीओप्लास्टी) करवाओ। इस ऑपरेशन मे डॉक्टर दिल की नली में एक spring डालते हैं जिसे stent कहते हैं। यह…

Read More